Oct 18 10:30 am - 1:00 pm
The Great ShakeOut – Berkeley Event
The event will be held at the Civic Center Park, 2151 Martin Luther King Jr. Way, Berkeley CA, 94704, October 18, 2018, from 10:30am-1pm. The ShakeOut is a worldwide earthquake drill that provides everyone the opportunity to practice taking protective actions during an earthquake. The goal of the event is to create an interactive environment that will showcase important earthquake preparedness and safety resources for the Berkeley community and share earthquake readiness information with the media throughout the Bay Area. Please refer to the event information below on vendor-specific details.
The Great ShakeOut is a worldwide earthquake response drill. The City of Berkeley is the media hub for the Bay Area’s participation in the exercise, and this event is being planned in conjunction with the Earthquake Country Alliance. The event will include early morning media interviews, a morning press conference, and a small fair targeting the general public, City of Berkeley employees, and Berkeley High School students.
Schedule of Events
- 4:00am: Set-up for exhibitors who would like to participate in early morning media interviews
- 4:30am-9:00am: Media interviews with interested vendors/exhibitors.
- *Exhibitors who are only interested in Fair participation may set up any time prior to 10:15am.
- 9:00am: ShakeOut Press Conference
- 10:18am: ShakeOut “Drop, Cover, and Hold On” Drill and Evacuation Exercise
- 10:30am-1pm: Fair Open to the Public (target audiences: City of Berkeley employees and Berkeley High School students)
If you have any questions regarding participation in the event, please visit us or contact Jennifer Lazo, Berkeley Fire Department Office of Emergency Services at (510) 981-5514.