Is your family prepared?
When a M7.0 earthquake hits the Bay Area, we need to ensure our families are safe and secure. Is your home earthquake-ready? Do you know where to go and what to do when the shaking starts? Have you secured your large appliances? Have you anchored top-heavy furniture to the wall? Does your family have an earthquake plan? Have you practiced it recently?
Be Resilient in Your Home
Here are a few “get prepared” suggestions from the National Safety Council:
- Secure large appliances and install flexible gas and water connections
- Anchor top-heavy furniture to the wall and place heavy objects on lower shelves
- Never hang anything heavy above where you sleep
In addition, we recommend the following to ensure you, your family, and your home are ready when the next big earthquake hits:
- Know your finances
- Back up your data
- Understand your insurance policy
- Create a plan (and practice it with your family)
- Ensure your home is structurally sound (consult with a professional)
Learn more about earthquake and disaster preparedness from the resources below.