Our Vision and Objectives
HayWired Vision & Objectives
- Improve communication of earthquake hazard science and engineering for use in decision-making processes.
- Support use of science and engineering in risk reduction.
- Improve understanding of benefits of earthquake early warning.
- Educate about aftershocks and afterslip.
- Enhance communications of forecasts.
- Help understand and inform actions to reduce earthquake risks.
- Educate about building code performance objectives and public preferences for performance of new buildings.
- Educate and facilitate conversations about reducing risks of post-earthquake fires.
- Better anticipate environmental health issues.
- Engage stakeholders in discussions about vulnerabilities and resilience in cyberinfrastructure and the Internet economy.
- Build community capacity to respond to — and recover from — earthquakes.
- Facilitate conversations about lifeline restoration interdependencies.
- Inform development of pre-disaster plans and policy interventions in emergency and recovery management, and hazard mitigation with an end goal of keeping residents & businesses in their communities.
- Provide materials for emergency response, business continuity and recovery exercise.